Here are the new shoes:
They're Mizuno Wave Creation 8's and they're pretty sweet. I guess my dream of hot pink running shoes will have to wait a bit longer...
I went by Jack & Adam's for packet pickup. Here's what was included:
- Race T-Shirt - Baseball-style, grey with navy sleeves. It has the Couple's Tri logo and a big 2 on the back. Cute!
- Thermal Lunchbox - Soft & red with the Couple's Tri logo on the front in white. Great for stashing my after-race beers!
- Swimcap - Red latex (to which I am allergic) which will inevitable be passed on to E. She got my pink one from the Rookie Tri.
- Race Numbers - Tie wraps but no safety pins...
- Event Schedule - Our wave starts at 8:12 AM
- ChapStick - New Belgium beer logo on the front. This is a good sign that the after-race party will be awesome!
- Clif Bar - Mini Cool Mint Chocolate one. Yummers.
- Samples - Biofreeze and Shave Secret. I've used Biofreeze before, but I still haven't tried the Shave Secret samples from last race.
- Coupon for a FREE PIZZA - 10" pizza from Austin's Pizza for free! Yeah!
- Various other Fliers and Junk - Tossed the rest except for the Dilloman Double X Series cards. I don't know if I'll do the Dilloman, but it's at my beloved Pace Bend and it'd be great to race out there.
I'm so excited!!