Wednesday, June 27, 2007

So it Begins.

So, I'm starting a new blog to chronicle my tri training. I hope to continue with marathon training in the fall, so we'll see where I end up!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I had a wonderful ride at cycling practice yesterday.

My coaches Liz & Lorrie were very encouraging - they even cheered me on during my first loop on South MoPac! My ride was only about 11 miles, but I felt it prudent to stick with the beginner group this week. Though I won't be in town for next week's ride (and even the following one, I think) I feel confident about the bike portion of the Couple's Tri, which is on July 15 out at Decker. E-unit and I will do our long ride out there this weekend so that I can get familiar with the course. I am excited about it despite warnings of treacherous road debris. Note to self: must get frame pump!



I also registered for a very short race in Leander at the end of July. The race conditions will be very different (pool swim, neighborhood ride) and I am looking forward to the experience!

Tonight is Andy's Last Supper, a farewell meal with a future resident of Flagstaff. It should be lots of fun, though bittersweet to have to say goodbye.

No comments: