Thursday, June 28, 2007

Grey skies can't keep me away!

During my swim last night at Stacy a storm rolled in. I didn't realize what was going on until I took a break and noticed the pool was empty, sans a couple of other lap swimmers. The lifeguards didn't seem to mind. I'm sure they were more concerned about the neighborhood kids than those of us maniacally plugging along despite the thunder.



I really enjoy swimming at Stacy, even though some rambunctious kids swiped my kickboard and pull buouy when I wasn't looking. :-) They returned the floats when asked, but I was amazed to see their mom floating in the pool next to them, watching the whole thing transpire. It make me feel old to say it, but 'if I had done that when I was a kid...' Different times, I guess.

I had a nice time at dinner last night. Andy, the guest of honor, is a designer/musician/climber friend who I have known for a couple years now, and I'm sad that he's moving away. Well, sad and jealous. Climbing all the time without worrying about work sounds great to me! Speaking of which, I need to get back on the wall! I need an extra day added to the week for that...

1 comment:

Sharanya said...

Girl, I admire your "gung-ho-ness", it's very inspiring.